Volunteer with Us
Volunteering is an excellent way of making a difference in your local community. Lentara UnitingCare offers you a range of opportunities to participate in a broad range of programs, events and activities supporting people across the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne.
We match your skills and experience and your areas of interest with available roles. During your volunteer experience you will meet some great people and have a lot of fun while making a difference to the community.
Throughout our history, we have been extremely fortunate having the support of a generous, enthusiastic and dedicated volunteer base. Without the skills, interests and energy of our volunteers, we could not provide our community programs and continue to expand our work to help disadvantaged communities.
Why volunteer with us?
People volunteer for a wide variety of reasons, especially wanting to help others or to gain additional skills and knowledge.
By volunteering with us, you will be helping us to make a real difference in people’s lives. In donating your time, skills, knowledge and networks you can assist to make a positive change enabling people overcome disadvantage and empower them to build better futures.
Who can volunteer?
Lentara UnitingCare has over 200 volunteers and encourages people of all ages, who have a broad range of life and work experiences, represent a diverse cross section of our multicultural community and have some time available, to become a volunteer.
What we look for in a volunteer
• Enthusiasm to assist people
• Reliability, honesty and commitment
• Represent Lentara UnitingCare’s guiding values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect and Compassion
• Dedication and flexibility
• Have good communication skills
• Be willing to undergo a Police check and
• have a volunteer Working with Children’s card
In return we offer our volunteers
• A detailed position description and volunteer agreement;
• Support and mentoring;
• Induction, orientation and training;
• A respectful, polite and honest non-discriminatory environment;
• Work in a safe environment
• Ability to develop additional skills and knowledge.
What type of volunteer opportunities do we have?
Our aim is to build a strong community – one that can accommodate and benefit from the diversity and strengths that exist in and around the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne, and to provide support for the vulnerable, disadvantaged or socially isolated.
Lentara UnitingCare has worked with the local community for over 40 years and provides a broad range of support services including:
• Asylum Seeker Project
• Asylum Seeker Welcome Centre
• Brimbank Mens Shed
• Early Learning
• Emergency Relief
• Financial Counselling
• No Interest Loans
• Sunshine & Broadmeadows Community Lunches
• Sunshine Drop in Centre
• Bargain Centres & Community Wardrobes
How do I apply?
You can view our current Volunteer vacanies or complete an expression of interest application online by clicking on the either of the buttons below.
Download our Volunteer Application Form
Need more information
Information about Corporate Volunteering